Calling the curious
Seed is a life science and consumer health company focused on the microbiome and its undeniable potential in shaping the future of human and planetary health.
We’re seeking kindred dot-connectors to join our ecosystem of leading microbiome scientists, doctors, storytellers, designers, artists, filmmakers, poets, and translators. Come redefine health with us, 634 steps from the beach in sunny Venice, California.
Seed is an equal opportunity employer. For us, diversity isn’t an HR metric—it is the result of billions of years of evolution; it’s our nature. To serve our community inclusively means to cultivate a relative abundance of perspectives, backgrounds, geographies, and experiences. Like in biology, each role and its function is key to the productivity, sustainability, and resilience of our ecosystem.
You are responsible for executing digital ad campaigns and designing a variety of growth-focused assets including funnels, landing pages, drip campaigns, emails, and paid social assets. You will collaborate with our small but agile design team, focused on creating exciting and innovative ways to translate complex scientific and health-related concepts, as well as communicating Seed’s brand message and product differentiation to our global audience. If you are excited about the idea of designing advertising that triggers a behavioral response via visual design, you know the trends in visual advertising, and you consider yourself a social media junkie, then this is the job for you.
Who you are:
- 2+ years of digital design experience
- Expert knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop, including creating motion graphics using the timeline feature in Photoshop
- Basic knowledge of video editing / GIF creation, Keynote
- Experience executing on corporate and brand identities and respective brand guidelines
- Extensive experience with e-commerce and growth-related design, especially landing pages, emails, and paid social assets
- Experience creating infographic or data visualizations
- Asset management—track changes in aspect ratios and resolutions across advertising platforms
- Works inter-departmentally to balance the needs of the brand team and growth marketing team
- Works with Design Director to interpret data-driven feedback provided by growth team and external partners to create a variety of options for A/B testing
- Positive and open to feedback
- Strong communicator
- Curious experimenter
The marriage of words and images is your storytelling superpower. That juxtaposition has the power to build global brands and you know how to do it. You think in marketing and cultural relevance and know when to pull the brand lever vs. the conversion lever but also believe they inform each other. While you make things look, feel, and read beautiful, you’re low-fi and scrappy and can move projects from dream to reality with technical skill and competence. A touchpoint is a touchpoint is a touchpoint; from pixels to party favors, you can weave brand magic and consistency.
Ideally, you’re a swiss army knife: comfortable working across (and unifying) many different platforms including photography, motion, digital/web, branding, landing pages, drip campaigns, emails, paid assets, experiential, packaging, art direction, etc. Maybe you dabble in motion design, set design, photography, illustration, or experiment with AR…or build plant walls…or maybe you’re just a badass specialist.
In addition to your obsession with typography and tight visual systems, you seek to improve and push the company beyond current trends—we are not looking to create yet another “millennial” startup. You could wake up every day with the mission to make science accessible and cool. Pushing boundaries and buttons as a method to counter-program against the noise (especially when it comes to science) is intriguing. You empathically know how to meet people where they are and how to bring them along for the journey. Metrics do not make your skin crawl, they inspire. In your experience, you’ve told a lot of stories, created a lot of stuff, and you’re ready for something that satisfies. You’ll be pushed outside of your comfort zone and required to work within mediums outside your typical gig.
Regardless of your background, you’ll work with the Design Director and Creative EP to push the brand forward as we launch new products, channels, markets, and partnerships.
Who you are:
- 6+ years of professional design experience preferably with print and brand development
- Expert: Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and Figma
- Basic knowledge of video editing / GIF creation
- Bonus: After Effects, photography, and retouching
- Positive, and open to feedback
- Strong communicator
- Curious experimenter
Video Editor & Motion Graphics Animator
You are an extraordinary combination of right-and left-brain—USPs and visual storytelling; growth and brand. You can intuit, concept and create assets that help us grow.
You will be responsible for executing growth-focused assets across landing pages, email drip campaigns, product explainer videos, 101s, infographics, and most critically, paid social ads—especially those in motion. You are the perfect synthesizer of direct response best practices (that convert) and branding best practices (that communicate who we are and are not dilutive). You think deeply about how type and imagery dance together, and about how juxtaposition and timing can mean the difference between working and not working. You deeply understand the native gestures of the platform you’re designing for, how humans use that platform, and how the UX / UI of an asset optimizes for growth. Other companies share your work internally as an example of great design and sophisticated branding, while also feeling clever, clear and intelligent. You are obsessed with the space between data and beauty and will obsessively optimize and tweak as we learn.
You will collaborate with our small but agile design, data and marketing team—focused on creating compelling and innovative ways to translate complex scientific and health-related concepts, as a part of communicating Seed’s brand message, category education, and product differentiation to a global audience across various channels. You also consider behavioral science, trends and insights, the nuance of copy and language, and you understand the human cues of growth advertising and communicating. Your portfolio speaks to all of this—from :06 second social posts to full :90 second commercials to mini documentary pieces to a single powerful image with type that immediately communicates.
- Conceive, craft, and execute dynamic video edits that captivate a social-driven audience and hit KPI goals determined by our growth and data team.
- Be scrappy and resourceful in re-purposing assets, making stock beautiful, and creating in creative ways—you go away and come back with ideas and concepts that everyone Slacks about while you’re presenting . Even your first boards elicit lots of internal emojis.
- Collaborate across growth, brand, creators, and even our R+D team to gather data and synthesize in creative.
- Develop best practice trending content editing techniques to enhance content performance across paid social, as well as extend content across organic social.
- Continually survey and discuss social media, digital and cultural trends and happenings.
- Master of all aspects of video Post Production including editing, color grading, sound design and mastering for delivery across all social media platforms.
Who you are:
- 4+ years of digital design and growth design experience
- Expert in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience managing other editors is a plus
- Deep understanding and expertise on all social platforms and traditional media
- Proficient with After Effects—Motion / Text Animation Skills Required
- Experience directing and camera operation at a DP level is a major plus
- Experience in DTC (especially, Wellness, Health, a plus)
- Communicating science is a major plus
- Experience concepting and executing within brand identities and respective brand guidelines
- Extensive experience with e-commerce and growth-related performance design, especially landing pages, emails, and paid social assets
- Experience creating infographic or data visualizations
- Asset management—track changes in aspect ratios and resolutions across advertising platforms
- Work inter-departmentally to balance the needs of growth and brand
- Interpret data-driven feedback provided by the growth team and external partners to create a variety of options for A/B testing (and maybe C / D / and E )
- Positive and open to feedback, collaboration, and different styles of giving notes—all in the service of getting it right and doing our best work
- Strong communicator
- Curious experimenter
- Consumer of culture and content
- Empathic human that understands the power of visual storytelling and feels accountability for what and how we do that with beauty and integrity
We’re building a partnership and affiliate program that goes way beyond “influence”—we’re revolutionizing the way people understand our bacterial world, both inside and out. It’s more than Instagram and YouTube, it’s a movement based in science and accountability.
A community builder at heart, your tenacious spirit is paired perfectly with your patience and empathy. You’re equal parts data analytics and creative. “Disorganized” isn’t a word in your vocabulary—you are detail obsessed, the epitome of coordinated, and love the feeling of crossing something off your to-do list or a 5,000 line Google Sheet. And when you’re not living in, and maniacally managing, the nitty gritty, you’re exploring—and actioning that exploring with DMs and cold emails to the humans you are most interested in. You’re curious, actively seeking out opportunities to learn, and thrive in processing new information. You are the dot connector of all dot connectors. You understand 1+1=3. And you see the matrix. One of your passions is finding unique voices to cultivate a diverse ecosystem of perspectives.
As an Ambassadors + Partnerships Manager, you will be in charge of maintaining relationships with our affiliate partners, communicating the awesome work at Seed to ensure they know about initiatives beyond our work with them and thereby become the steward of our Seed University program. You will assist with crucial campaign details—running channel analytics, drafting contracts, tracking creative assets, and coordinating live dates. You will source new talent, voices, humans, superorganisms every week to continuously grow and support our expanding partner ecosystem. You will identify unique niches and interest areas that align with ours to uncover new cohorts and communities.
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience in influencer marketing, partnership, or ambassador roles
- Deep understanding of FTC guidelines and compliance
- Familiarity with influencer marketing platforms, namely Grin
- Comprehensive experience and knowledge of Instagram and YouTube algorithms
- Data-driven and creative (left / right brained)
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills
- Positive and open to always improving
- Committed to education and deepening self-learning and understanding of Seed, our brand, values, products, and the science behind what we do
- Ability to keep composure under pressure
We’re big on words. Words empower and steward the integrous translation of science that forms the foundation of our brand.
Writer and storyteller at heart, you create magic in the permutation of 26 letters, a handful of punctuation, and occasional, cleverly-placed emojis. You think in long form and short form and rap verses and poetry and everything in between and understand it’s about speaking to people in the way they want to be spoken to. You can get to the heart of a message in the fewest number of characters and thrive in the crafting of phrases that catalyze action. Words are powerful; you know exactly when and how to be subversive and provocative versus nurturing and expansive. You thrive in memes, haikus, hashtags, puns, metaphors and analogies—word play is your superpower. When we say TED meets Vox meets The Hustle meets Carl Sagan meets VICE, you know what we mean.
And you are curious. Pushing boundaries and buttons is your thing and you demand a new way to counterprogram against the noise (especially when it comes to science, health, and wellness). You could wake up every day with the mission to make science accessible and cool (while also fully understanding the importance of integrity and the nuance of precision). You are inspired to crack empowerment through education and turn click-bait into meaning. You have told a lot of stories, written a lot of taglines, tweets, captions, and subject lines, and you’re ready for something that satisfies and expands and peeks your intellect, your soul, and of course, your microbiome.
Who you are:
- 3+ years experience (especially if in an educational / science / health / CPG / wellness or related space)
- Extraordinary crafter of beautiful language
- A steward for brand identity and voice
- Multi-channel, multi-tasking, multi-disciplinary—experience across campaign, social, packaging, web, and email, a plus
- Synthesis of disparate ideas to create analogies, metaphors, and other narrative devices to communicate science and inspire a community
- You noticed the misused homophone in this job description and it bothered you deeply
A touchpoint is a touchpoint is a touchpoint. Everything from the label on a sweatshirt, to a well-orchestrated Zoom meeting, to an email to our scientists is an opportunity to weave brand storytelling into the Seed experience.
You are a meticulous do-er, but most of all, you seek a higher purpose in what you do. This isn’t marketing for the sake of marketing. We’re trojan-horsing curiosity and biology and knowledge through memes, gifs, poems, rap, art, and fanny packs. You want to contribute first-hand to the magic and wake up every day to make science and health accessible, cool, and empowering.
2021 for Seed will focus on scale, and the opportunity for growth here is real. We are looking for the right humans to join our ecosystem at every level, even if you had your college graduation on Zoom.
Who You Are
- 1-2+ years experience as a PA in production, PR or Marketing Assistant, office management, or stellar internship experience
- An insatiably curious sponge with a deep commitment to learning
- A naturally extraordinary writer and communicator
- Highly productive, proactive, and collaborative team player—quick to mention if something is veering off schedule
- A natural self-starter
- Proficiency in Google Docs + Sheets, Asana a plus
- A time management wizard who can skillfully re-prioritize at any moment
- Obsessive attention to organization and detail with a passion for proofreading
- You approach tasks big and small with kindness, optimism, and dedication
- Tech-savvy enough to troubleshoot the printer when it inevitably acts up
- Efficiency-minded, and one to speak up if there is a better, faster, easier way to do something
- Comfortable (and even thrive) in the ambiguity and ever-evolving needs of a startup environment
- A COVID cautious individual who always wears a mask and is available to work onsite at our Venice office 2-3 days a week.
What You’ll Do
- Gifting and merch drops are a backbone of the Seed marketing experience, and there is no detail too small. You will ensure the production, execution, and reporting of our big ideas are taken care of down to the microscopic details.
- Own all merch launch logistics and fulfillment (tracking, packaging, shipping)
- Meticulously pack gifting and merch packaging.
- Create and print custom collateral using design-approved templates.
- Arrange shipments, courier pick-ups, etc.
- Manage gifting communication both internally and externally.
- Manage tracking systems and maintain inventory, supplies, restocking, and materials
- Ad-hoc research projects (e.g., find us 50 examples of hygiene products to inform naming for a future product, pull top articles about the nuances of greenwashing, identify people working in the world of coral, from academic researchers to IG influencers)
- Serve as the team linchpin across departments (marketing, design, and ops)
- Lend your creative voice and opinion to marketing initiatives, campaigns, and roadmaps
- Assist marketing team in managing sourcing, vendor relationships, sample trafficking, and execution (production timelines, POs, proofs, delivery)
You have a fascination with the trillions of resident microorganisms in and on the human body, and seek mastery in finance. When you see a perfectly constructed financial model, you see a work of art. Your friends would describe you as a mathematical genius whose ‘back of the envelope’ mental calculations are rarely off.
Curiosity drives you with a strong work ethic to match. You’re already wondering about the percent of revenue reinvested in growth, working capital days, debt vs. equity, and top market comps for valuation (hint: BioGaia has a $1B valuation and we will hit their topline revenue in the next 18 months).
You’re always gathering information, flagging mistakes, advocating for capital efficiency, and eager to build a network of financial experts ready for specific problems as they arise. Vagueness bothers you, and you understand that complexity is not confusing. You define problems before you react to them. Turning chaos into order excites you, like early homo sapiens discovering agriculture for the first time. You scope projects with a clearly defined sequence of events, then go heads down and execute. Life is full of distractions, but you have both the self-awareness and discipline to consistently recalibrate your effort towards the most important task at hand.
Overall, you have a calm confidence in your skills yet understand that improvement requires active focus and effort. Uncertainty does not make you uncomfortable, knowing you put your best effort forward. You are not an anxious person, but are generally never entirely satisfied with something unless you do it yourself. You learn from the past and have future goals, but are still very much living in the present. Teachers and mentors would describe you as a driven, focused, and inquisitive mind who grasped concepts quickly, engaged with the subject, and above all else consistently delivered a great work product. You do the type of work that elicits genuine pleasure in the person reviewing it, like an architect reviewing specs for a world class structure. You’d rather change your name and start a simple new life in a foreign country than half-ass a project just to get it done.
You hold your colleagues accountable to deliverables, and offer constructive feedback immediately and frequently. In general you think fast, type fast, talk fast, work fast, and loathe both stagnancy and procrastination. You prepare for meetings, take potent notes, distill them into clear action items, and follow up. You set ambitious targets and regularly complete everything slated to get done that day. There are only 200 working hours each month but who’s counting. Your memory is oddly specific and detailed, and you easily recall things most people have forgotten. If we asked you what your favorite case study in business school was, you’d ask us how much time we have. Finally, you have genuinely interesting perspectives on a wide range of subjects, and we are genuinely interested to hear them.
What you’ll do:
- Close Monthly Books and Financial Model with External Accountant
- Investor Diligence and Reporting
- Implement Systems for Prioritization, Project Management, and Reporting
- Identify Resource Requirements for DTC business including Headcount and Operating Expenses to Scale Global Business
- Audit and Own Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Payment Processing Optimization
- Manage External Team for Sales Tax
- Financial Model Reconciliation
- Track and Maintain a detailed COGS and Chart of Accounts
- Work with Supply Chain to Set and Implement Unit Economic Targets
- Financial Analysis for International Expansion Initiatives
- Audit and Approve Monthly Invoices (Bill.com)
- Track Inventory, Working Capital, and Payment Terms Optimization
- Manage Payroll, Insurance, and Business Tax compliance
- Improve Credit, Banking, and Cash Flow analysis and reporting
- Federal Payroll and Business Tax Management and Compliance (Rippling)
Who you are:
- You have a degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business, Mathematics, or Engineering and 5+ years of experience in the finance function with responsibilities in forecasting, analysis, and reporting, ideally in a technology, SaaS, or DTC Ecommerce subscription company, and ideally an MBA from a top tier business school.
(Contract to Full-Time)
As the Director of People and Culture, recruiting and cultivating a diverse and extraordinary team is just table stakes—you will also steward cultural growth, osmosis, and adaptation within our ecosystem, inspiring conversation, question-asking, experimentation, and action so we may nudge the world forward bit by bit, each day. Your work feels both human and individual, while considering and evolving our collective. You will steward the implementation of frameworks, ideas, and communication across the team without introducing the tenor of bureaucracy and performative box-checking, nor diluting (but preserving and amplifying) our startup magic. You have a long-term view and evocative definition of what sustainability means within an organization.
You are a true thought partner to our Co-Founders and will determine how our Why + Values are transmitted and integrated. For internal communications, you understand the medium is the message—that what and when information is communicated and how it catalyzes dialogue in a fast-growing company is often as important as the content. In your essence, you are a community builder—of both thriving individuals and how those dots connect to form a resilient company. One doesn’t happen without the other.
You know that building an inclusive ecosystem means cultivating a relative abundance of perspectives, backgrounds, geographies, and experiences. To do this, you don’t simply recruit—you seek those that add complexity, richness, and diversity to our team. You are well-versed in the science of implicit and unconscious bias, as well as the thought leadership in these disciplines. To you, recruitment isn’t about box-checking or the right search terms on LinkedIn. You will help us seek out remarkable talent, and you will reimagine the candidate experience so each person leaves thinking “Wow, I’ve never experienced such a memorable interview process.”
You’ll incorporate a 360 view of each recruit’s journey both culturally and corporately, and you will define each step humanistically—from onboarding to offboarding, from the 30 minute introduction to the offer letter, and from a team member’s first day to their last. Importantly, and perhaps too often overlooked: you are the master of creating a meaningful rejection experience, because the human you don’t hire today is someone who has touched our company—an experience that ripples outwards.
We aspire to invoke humanism and clarity of action in each touch point of our culture. The Scientific Method guides our mindset of experimentation, observation, and iteration. It is persistent, curious, and open-minded, but deeply meticulous and exact. Just like there are no shortcuts to health, there are no shortcuts to learning. Education empowers better choices for the health of ourselves, our community, and our company. You will remind us to inquire before we choose, and learn before we judge. You will lead by example and inspire each of us to operate with empathy and accountability. You will promote company culture in a way that goes deeper than performative taglines, posters on the wall, and policies communicated at all company meetings. To do this, you’ll set up processes that actively denounce racism, injustice, hate, and inequality (both visible and invisible), and proactively evoke inspiration and agency. This is vital to our fight for an equitable and just society.
Using ‘first principles,’ you will build a robust employee experience that uniquely supports our nimble group of Superorganisms1. You will help us create infrastructure for growth and meaning behind titles, as well as merit behind compensation. You will develop new processes and tools that do not feel like company work, but human work. You will support the behavioral wellness of the team, offering resources to take care of their physical, mental, and emotional health. You will implement a structure from which employee feedback is circulated to management in a constructive, thoughtful way. You will structure and program how we show up in nature, how we meet as a company in small groups, and how our All Microbes meetings and ‘offsites’ can be most impactful. Think of yourself as the guardian of the internal member experience, the champion of the collective, and the UX designer for the osmosis, acclimation, and adaptation into and of our ecosystem.
Your network also includes a wide range and diverse group of individuals that you can call on to amplify our values and goals, as well as expand perspectives for our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Board, which you will oversee. As the leader of the DEI activities, you will implement thoughtful, empowering, and unprecedented programming for our team. You will organize informal and formal group discussions, backed by well-studied methods proven to foster a safe space for employees to be honest, non-judgemental, and kind to each other. You will gently nudge us towards confronting the uncomfortable aspects of our own biases and unintentional microaggressions, in order to maintain and deepen the culture of inclusivity within our ecosystem. Without honest conversations, there can be no forward progress, but we need your leadership to provide a framework and to hold us accountable to facing hard truths and our own shortcomings. Actively recruiting a diverse group of humans means nothing, after all, if those individuals don’t feel accepted and included within the collective.
Nurturing a thriving internal ecosystem also means guiding us in how we show up in our communities to engage, give back, empower, and learn. You will organize ongoing partnerships of giving to important nonprofits and community organizations, and define avenues for us to support locally owned businesses that align with the DEI Board’s mission and scope of work. Internally, you will work with our Marketing + Social departments in the ongoing process of auditing our social media channels, affiliates, campaigns and partnerships—and you will contribute to deepening those efforts. You will also engage with our R+D team in the active recruitment of a diverse scientific forum, and you will dive into our operational structures and partners to ensure that our values and action plans are aligned.
Then there’s data. You’ll generate comprehensive analyses of our internal company metrics, you’ll distribute internal listening tools, and you’ll gather feedback with a precise yet thoughtful approach. Most importantly, you will be forthright in assessing the status of our inclusion efforts and regularly provide status updates to management. You will perform analysis in performance review, promotion, and compensation equity within our company so that our mission to fight for an equitable and just society is actioned across all pathways internally and externally.
Who you are:
- You are an exceptional listener and communicator across all mediums, who understands that it is as much about what you don’t say as it is about what you do say
- You possess extraordinary interpersonal and written communication skills, as well as a collaborative engagement style; you are inherently patient, calm, non-judgemental, and can empathize with a variety of viewpoints
- You have gold-standard experience in recruitment, talent development, and retention, as well as organizational development, employment law, and compensation
- 5+ years of experience in leading People + Culture for organizations that are known for their positive company culture, employee retention, and satisfaction
- You have expert and quantified experience in implementing diversity, inclusion, and equity strategies for high-growth startups
- Bonus points if you have a social science background and an understanding of the intersection between science and health
- You are trained in data collection, analysis, and development of internal company metrics, with the ability to translate into strategy
- You are actively engaged with a thoughtfully cultivated, diverse network of individuals and organizations who can support our company culture with informative, growth-inducing workshops and team programming and resources
- You embody ownership and execution at all levels
- You build foundational systems and processes quickly and thoughtfully
- You are educated in and understand the cultural nuances of a wide range of backgrounds, cultures, experiences, and identities—and you define diversity beyond race, including but not limited to sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, sex/gender identity, religion, education level, and household status (i.e. working parent or caretaker)
- You love to learn—the more you learn about our science and our work, the more integrated your work will be
- Lastly, and most importantly, you are insatiably curious, kind, and empathic with an unrivaled work ethic. Your worldview is not insular, but expansive—you are ready to do something meaningful and impactful
1 Scientific Definition: A complex system consisting of a large number of individual organisms that function together to behave as if it were an ecosystem and to gain a biological advantage.
Seed Translation: A curious and inquisitive, perspective-shifting organism, who questions relentlessly, thinks differently, takes the time to understand holistically, and believes everything is connected. An activist for the bettering of humanity and our planet. Sometimes referred to as: ‘a person who lives scientifically’.
In other words, you.
You have a fascination with the trillions of resident microorganisms in and on the human body, and are an expert in operations. When you see a product or service, you immediately think about how and where it’s made, and who makes it. You understand that timelines are sacred, and one small break in the supply chain can break the business. You think in systems, and sleep easy at night knowing everything has been considered, and there are no known unknowns. Your subconscious never turns off, and despite enormous complexity your ‘back of the envelope’ calculations are rarely off.
Overall, you have a calm confidence in your skills yet understand that improvement requires active focus and effort. You understand that managing a supply chain involves managing people from all over the world, and know when a well-crafted email today can avert a crisis 83 days from now. There are over 50 moving parts in our supply chain ranging from fermentation facilities to packaging to fulfillment, and foresight is your most valuable asset. Your inventory management display and tracking system looks like a work of art, with both form and function. You can anticipate a delay and flag it, extract what you need from the CEOs, and solve it with urgency and ease.
You are not an anxious person, but are generally never entirely satisfied with something unless you do it yourself. Teachers and mentors would describe you as a driven, focused, and inquisitive mind who grasped concepts quickly, engaged with the subject, and above all else consistently delivered a great work product. You do the type of work that elicits genuine pleasure in the person reviewing it, like an architect reviewing specs for a world class structure. You’d rather change your name and start a simple new life in a foreign country than half-ass a project just to get it done.
You hold your colleagues accountable to deliverables, and offer constructive feedback immediately and frequently. In general you think fast, type fast, talk fast, work fast, and loathe both stagnancy and procrastination. You prepare for meetings, take potent notes, distill them into clear action items, and follow up. You set ambitious targets and regularly complete everything slated to get done that day. You scope projects with a clearly defined sequence of events, then go heads down and execute. Life is full of distractions, but you have both the self-awareness and discipline to consistently recalibrate your effort towards the most important task at hand.
What you’ll do:
- Sustain a detailed, up-to-date Production Calendar for US and EU Production
- Validate and Maintain the highest Quality Control Standards and Certifications
- Forecast and deliver product(s) to maintain conservative, data-driven inventory levels capable of fueling explosive, multi-channel, international growth
- Build and manage dynamic, automated inventory and material management systems
- Drive and Achieve necessary COGS reduction targets across all aspects of the product(s), supply chain(s), and operation(s)
- Communicate with 50+ external partners and suppliers to produce necessary services, ingredients, and packaging through the DS-01 supply chain
- Coordinate timely logistics, import/exportation, and efficient movement of goods
- Creatively find and implement new systems, materials, and suppliers to forge innovative new solutions for the business
- Support procurement, POs, and inventory operations for DS-01 and new products
- Manage all Outbound Shipping and Distribution across two warehouses with our External 3PL/ Fulfillment partner
- Enforce necessary corrective actions and quality improvements to every input of DS-01
- Work with R&D, Marketing, and Product Development teams to test, streamline, and prepare for new product launches, sales, and expanding operations
Who You Are:
You have 5+ years of experience in supply chain and operations functions with responsibilities in forecasting, analysis, and reporting, ideally in a technology, consumer health or DTC E-commerce company
We’re a human brand serving humans so wow, is this an important hire for us. You are the heartbeat of Seed. The foundation for our community. The catalyst for word-of-mouth, and the steward of incoming emails from partners, practitioners, retailers and job-seekers excited about what we do and how we do it. Every person you interact with will walk away saying ‘whoa, that was an awesome experience—that felt unique and thoughtful’.
This goes beyond creating a world-class customer experience. That’s table stakes. This is about communicating and cultivating a seamless, educational, empowering, and wondrous experience across every customer touchpoint. To do that means constantly asking how else you can serve with Seed’s ethos of citizen science, curiosity, and learning injected into every email you write or phone call you take. You have eight ideas about how to surprise and delight when a customer first mentions their shipment is delayed. You deliver factual, scientific information with the utmost empathy and kindness (which comes from the weeks you spent and daily time you spend asking questions and integrating what you learn into what you do). You rival our most enthusiastic and excited customers with your enthusiasm and excitement.
And you’ll figure out how it scales. How we handle the first 100, 1000, 10,000 customers will set the stage for how we handle the next. This is something we want to be known for and the opportunity to own this, to push the boundaries (with tech, heart, and ways we probably haven’t even thought about yet), is yours.
What you’ll do:
- Service Seed’s new and existing subscribers across all channels, including email, live chat, phone, and social media
- Act as the customer champion, maximizing on opportunities to provide personal touches and surprise and delight experiences
- Serve as the face of our brand, embodying our core values with a relatable, curious, and inviting attitude
- Exude confidence, knowledge, and empathy when interacting with internal and external partners and customers—when it comes to people’s health and how their bodies feel, you are especially understanding and helpful
- Liaise with our fulfillment center and logistics partners to ensure timely shipments for our members
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Seed’s global delivery partner to ensure accurate taxes + duties on international orders
- Provide voice of the customer feedback to marketing team to improve external communications
- Become an expert on Seed’s policies, processes, products, and brand
- Actively pinpoint problems within product and experience to build solutions for them
Who you are:
- 1-3 years experience in Customer Experience or related field
- A ruthless prioritizer with high emotional intelligence
- Excellent written, communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- Organized, proactive, patient, solutions-driven, quick on your feet, and not afraid to roll up your sleeves
- Deeply thorough and thoughtful
- Ability to position the customer at the center of every discussion or decision
- Experience in or knowledge of subscription businesses
- Flexibility to work agreed upon business hours and be prepared for seasonal busy periods
- A “cosmos is the limit”, “out of the shipping box” mentality
- Committed to education and deepening self-learning and understanding of Seed, our products, and the science and knowledge that empowers our health
- Comfortable with ambiguity and nimble with direction as the company grows to operate at scale; ability to react quickly to new business decisions
Human brands need human stewards—you are the heartbeat of Seed and the foundation of our community. This goes beyond creating a world-class member experience. That’s table stakes. This is about communicating and cultivating a seamless, empathic, educational, empowering, and wondrous experience across every customer touchpoint.
You’ll be the voice and champion of our community, and push boundaries to fundamentally redefine what ‘experience’ means. This of course includes meaningful input across our company (marketing, operations, content, and more) to enact processes and products that amplify our ability to show up for our members.
And how we show up internally is equally as important. You are a nurturing and impactful leader who will lead and inspire by heart, data, and example. You are excited to implement learning opportunities and help shape a thriving, world-class team.
What you’ll do:
- Service Seed’s new and existing customers across all channels, including email, live chat, phone, and social media
- Supervise the SeedCare team and ensure each coordinator is fulfilled, inspired, and challenged
- Lead a world-class member experience team by training and motivating the team
- Drive a customer-centric culture and ensuring that the team strives to deliver above and beyond experiences to customers
- Be the point of escalation for cross-functional teams
- Triage ticket queue to ensure internal service level agreements are met daily
- Weekly check-ins with coordinators pertaining to metrics, implementing individual strategies when necessary
- Lead by example by answering inbound telephone support e-mails, calls, and chat in a team-based environment
- Manage phone schedule to ensure coverage during hours of operation and holiday schedules
- Ensure customer escalations and urgent after-hour needs are met
Who you are:
- 3+ years of customer support or customer-facing team
- 1+ years of experience in leading customer support or customer-facing team
- Curiosity to understand how our users think and behave
- Comfortable with ambiguity and frequent changes to direction as the company learns to operate at scale
- Committed to education and deepening self-learning and understanding of Seed, our products, and the science and information about our health
- Organized and process-oriented with the ability to drive resolutions with multiple teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to keep composure under pressure
Research + Development
You have meticulous, borderline obsessive, attention to detail and understand how hundreds of small moving parts contribute to the overall success of a project. You loathe inertia and are particularly skilled at taking a high level milestone and working with the key team members to chart out a path forward, step by step, to keep momentum moving. You treat the coordination of research, development, production, scale-up, and testing like an art form with the perfect balance of wisdom, experience, strategic vision, urgency, and judgement. Nothing ever falls between the cracks and even if a project is temporarily deprioritized, it’s never lost. The world doesn’t always value project management enough. Fortunately, we do.
You also understand the medium is the message; communication (stand-ups, emails, Asana tasks, how meetings are structured, etc.) and the tools we use to communicate—are the difference between OK coordination and the ability to achieve more than we can dream up with a lean, productive team.
Ideally, you have direct experience overseeing projects as part of a small core team with aggressive timelines within the life sciences industry (but we are not myopic and believe if the first two paragraphs sing to you, you wouldn’t hesitate to apply). You have managed and streamlined processes with research, operations teams, and leadership teams, and have had to think about every aspect of a project, most importantly the prioritization of time, and how the needs of one project impact another. While proficiency is important, you’re comfortable pushing things along with known uncertainties and have a process to quickly and reproducibly integrate key data points as they emerge.
You are resourceful, solve problems, and anticipate them before they even arise. You pride yourself on translating abstraction into order. You can run sprints across teams and infuse a sense of urgency into each minute of the work day. Every single meeting has an agenda circulated and a follow-up email ready to go within minutes of wrapping up—and most importantly these touch points do not feel administrative but an opportunity to surprise and delight each step of the way. At times, your email may be the best crafted and most memorable in an external partner or scientist’s inbox that day.
At all times you have your finger on the pulse of what’s happening across research and development. At a high level, you can look at where we’re headed and what will scale and right up close, can see what needs to be done to deliver on even the smallest deliverable. No detail too small and no part of the dream too big.
What you’ll do:
- Manage each project from ideation to execution including scoping out deliverables, requirements gathering, development, execution and quality assurance
- Project manage scientific milestones including but not limited to paper publications, technical decks, clinical trials, regulatory filings, and scale-up
- Ensure R+D documents are tracked, integrated, updated, and intuitively organized in Google Drive. Capture weekly progress to ensure Drive is up-to-date and always ready for diligence
- Work directly with the leadership team to define the scope of work and plan for each project
- Coordinate external team and track progress between weekly meetings with scientists. Facilitate and manage all communication between internal team members and methodically organize weekly progress across all R+D into action items and priorities for integration into Asana
- Proactively tackle potential questions, delays or conflicts and communicate status updates to the Director of R+D and CEOs
- Own scheduling for project kick off meetings and facilitate regular internal review meetings to correspond to timelines
- Document change orders, meeting notes, weekly status updates and project timelines
- Follow/create new project flow procedures to ensure maximum efficiency
- Identify opportunities to improve process
- Track projects through the workflow process and update across the team in relation to meeting deadlines and next step