What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our Website or other services?
The personal information we may collect includes:
• Contact information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number
• Financial payment information, such as credit card, debit card, and other financial payment information
• Unique identifiers such as username and password
• Preferences information such as product wish lists, order history, and marketing preferences
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, or enter information on our site. Whether or not you actively supply your personal information to us, our website contains cookies and other features that may collect your information when you visit various pages on our website.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, browse our website, or use certain other site features in the following ways to:
• Personalize your experience to deliver content and products that most interest you
• Improve our website in order to better serve you
• Respond to your questions, comments, and requests
• Administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature
• Quickly and securely process your transactions
• Ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
• Follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email, text, or voice inquiries)
We also collect information from and about you to comply with our legal obligations, such as:
• To investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to our products and services, and other illegal activities
• To demonstrate compliance with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and facilitate the exercise of your privacy rights
• To comply with incident monitoring, reporting, assessment, and notification requirements
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of reasonable security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. Our website is also scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Seed uses reasonable technical and organizational measures required under applicable privacy laws to protect your personal information. Among other security measures, your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and they are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and Seed complies with the security requirements of the credit card Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) Program and compliance is validated annually. PCI requirements apply to all systems that store, process, or transmit cardholder data.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online. Should we have a data security breach, we will promptly comply with all notice obligations under applicable privacy laws. In keeping with industry guidelines, we will promptly make recommended steps to notify you of the breach.
If you prefer not to transmit your credit card number over the internet, you may contact us using the toll-free number listed on the website from which you want to order. If you have any questions regarding security privacy, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Tracking Technologies + Cookies
We and our third-party partners, such as advertising partners, marketing partners, and service providers, use certain technologies such as cookies and pixels to track activity on our site. These technologies are used for purposes such as analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site, and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual basis (that is, reports of your own activity) as well as on an aggregated basis (that is, reports of all user activity or activity of certain users as a group).
These technologies may also identify your location if you choose to share this information with us. Please note that some mobile applications may automatically collect the location of your mobile device using technologies such as GPS, WiFi, or cell tower technology. Most mobile devices allow you to withdraw your permission to provide location data to us in your device settings.
This information can help us improve your access to our website and identify repeat visitors. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to enter a password more than once, thereby saving you time and providing a better experience. Cookies also help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services.
The Bulk Consent is logged and documented by registration of the user’s anonymized IP number, browser user agent, website URL, date and time of consent and a unique, encrypted key that is stored in a data center with Cybot’s cloud vendor, Microsoft Ireland Operations Ltd in Dublin, Ireland. After 12 months, the Bulk Consent is automatically deleted from Cybot’s log and then used only in an aggregated, anonymized form as part of the statistics that Seed has access to in Cookiebot.
You can manage your cookie settings within your own individual cookie declaration at seed.com/privacy/cookie-declaration.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when its release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Sharing of personal information
• Affiliates: We may share your personal information with our affiliates to perform services on our behalf or for us
• Service providers: Your personal information may be shared with third parties acting on our behalf or for us, such as marketing and mailing platforms, Customer relationship management (CRM), and email providers
• Business transfer: We may share and transfer your personal information without your express permission where there is a corporate event requiring such transfer, such as a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, or sale of assets
• Other parties with your consent: Where you’ve expressly consented for your personal information to be shared with other third parties, we will share it in accordance with such consent
Your control over your personal information
• You may decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to fulfill your product requests or provide you with some of our services. For example, we need your email address to authenticate you and perform account services such as password resets, or to provide you with customer support
• You may decline to accept cookies, but that decision may affect the functionality and performance of our website
• You may update or correct your personal information at any time by accessing the account settings page on our website, seed.com/account
• You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Seed by using the unsubscribe link within each marketing email, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
• You may request information about, and access to, the personal data that we collect from you
• You may ask questions or make complaints about our privacy and data security practices with regard to your personal data
• You may ask us for a copy of the information that we have collected from you
• To exercise any of these options, or for additional information about our privacy and data security practices, please contact us at email@example.com
• You may also request that we delete information that we have collected from you. To exercise your right to deletion/erasure, please submit a request via our Privacy Request Form
California Online Privacy Protection Act
In compliance with CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
• Users can visit our site anonymously
There are two ways to change your personal information:
• Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Sign in to your account at seed.com/account
• COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
Our site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. Seed does not knowingly collect or use any personal information from such children. If you are under the age of 13, do not submit any information through our site. If we learn that we collected personal information from children under the age of 13, we will take steps to promptly delete that information. If you believe that a child under age 13 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR is an European Union (EU) regulation to improve the protection of the personal information and data of EU citizens and increase the obligations of entities who collect or process personal data. These new regulations took effect on May 25, 2018. The regulations greatly enhance the data privacy and security of our EU customers and extend to them exercisable rights enabling greater control over one’s personal information. EU residents can learn more specific information about their privacy rights here.
Data Retention and Deletion
We retain your personal information only as long as necessary to accomplish the business purpose for which it was collected, or to comply with our legal and contractual obligations. Afterwards, we will securely dispose such personal information, as required by applicable law.
• Telephone at 844-646-3586
• Email at email@example.com
You may also contact us at:
2100 Abbot Kinney Blvd
Venice, CA 90291
United States of America
Last updated: June 27, 2019