What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our Website, blog or app?
The personal information we may collect includes:
- Contact information, such as your name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number
- Financial payment information, such as credit card, debit card, and other financial payment information
- Unique identifiers such as username and password
- Preferences information such as product wish lists, order history, and marketing preferences
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place an order for our products or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the site, or use certain other site features in the following ways to:
- Personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- Improve our website in order to better serve you
- Allow us to better service you in responding to your questions, comment and requests
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- Quickly process your transactions
- Ask for ratings and reviews of services or products
- Follow up with them after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
We also collect information from and about you to comply with our legal obligations, such as:
- To investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to our products and services, and other illegal activities
- To demonstrate compliance with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- To comply with incident monitoring, reporting, assessment, and notification requirements
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of reasonable security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. Our website is also scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and they are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or stored on a server can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information. Should we have a data security breach, we will promptly notify you by email.
If you prefer not to transmit your credit card number over the internet, you can contact us using the toll-free number listed on the website from which you want to order. If you have any questions regarding security privacy, you can contact us at [email protected]
Tracking Technologies / Cookies
We and our third-party partners, such as advertising partners, marketing partners, and service providers, use certain technologies such as cookies to track activity on our site. These technologies are used for purposes such as analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site, and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual basis (that is, reports of your own activity) as well as on an aggregated basis (that is, reports of all user activity or of the activity of certain users as a group).
These technologies may also identify your location if you choose to share this information with us. Please note that some mobile applications may automatically collect the location of your mobile device using technologies such as GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell tower technology. Most mobile devices allow you to withdraw your permission to us to acquire such location data through device settings.
This information can help us improve your access to our site and identify repeat visitors to our site. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving you time. They also help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity, which enables us to provide you with improved services.
You may be able to disable cookies by changing a setting in your web browser. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all the features of our site.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Sharing of personal information
- Affiliates: We may share your personal information with our affiliates to perform services on our behalf or for us
- Service providers: Your personal information may be shared with third parties acting on our behalf or for us, such as marketing and mailing platforms, Customer relationship management (CRM) and email providers
- Business transfer: We may share and transfer your personal information without your express permission where there is a corporate event requiring such transfer, such as a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or sale of assets
- Other parties with your consent: Where you’ve expressly consented for your personal information to be shared with other third parties, we will share it in accordance with such consent
Your control over your personal information
- You may decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to fulfill your product requests or provide to you some of our services. For example, we need your email address to authenticate you and perform account services such as password resets, or to provide you with customer support
- You may decline to accept cookies, but that decision may affect the functionality and performance of our website
- You may update or correct your personal information at any time by accessing the account settings page on the website or within our platform
- You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from Seed by using the unsubscribe link within each email
- You may request information about, and access to, the personal data that we collect from you
- You may ask questions or make complaints about our privacy and data security practices with regard to your personal data
- You may request that we delete information that we have collected about you
- You may ask us for a copy of the information that we collected from you
To exercise any of these options, or for additional information about our privacy and data security practices, please contact us at [email protected]
California Online Privacy Protection Act
In compliance with CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously
You can change your personal information:
- By emailing us
- By logging in to your account
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
Our site is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. Seed does not knowingly collect or use any personal information from such children. If you are under the age of 13, do not submit any information through our site. If we learn that we collected personal information from children under the age of 13, we will take steps to promptly delete that information. If you believe that a child under age 13 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us at [email protected]
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at [email protected] and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
Seed is a U.S.-based company that has operations and service providers in the United States and internationally. As a result, personal information that we collect, including personal information, may be transferred to our U.S. offices to permit us to comply with our legal, contractual and business obligations and activities. In addition, we may provide information to third-party service providers in the U.S. and in other countries to the extent necessary to support Seed’s business activities, and we may access personal information collected by our customers to support the services that we provide to our customers. Thus, personal information may be transferred to and stored on servers located in the United States and in countries different from the country in which that information was initially collected. Similarly, information we collect may be accessed by Seed and our third-party service providers and business partners from countries other than the ones in which the information is stored.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The GDPR is an European Union (EU) regulation to improve the protection of the personal information and data of EU citizens and increase the obligations of entities who collect or process personal data. These new regulations took effect on May 25, 2018. The regulations greatly enhance the data privacy and security of our customers and extend to them exercisable rights enabling greater control over one’s personal information.
Seed functions as both a controller and processor of our customers’ personally identifiable information (PII). Additionally, we employ a number of sub-processors to which we transmit data for storage or processing.
Data Retention and Deletion
We retain your personal information only as long as necessary to accomplish the business purpose for which it was collected or to comply with our legal and contractual obligations. Afterwards, we will securely dispose such personal information, as required by applicable law.
- Telephone at 888-830-4733
- Email at [email protected]
You may also contact us at:
Seed Health, Inc.
615 Hampton Drive
Venice, CA 90291
United States of America